Friday, November 18, 2011

#237-283 Crafty Sprouts New Release blog Hop/ Nurse Smurfette and Twilight Cards

****CLICK HERE to view DAY 1****

Hi everyone!! Good morning and welcome to the much anticipated Day 2 of Crafty Sprouts Stamps New Release blog hop, hosted by Erika AKA Crafty Sprouts! If you are here fromKristi's Blog then you are in the right spot! Erika has come up with some FABULOUS new awesome stamps the our DT is going nuts over LOL!! Believe me you will not be dissapointed you will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Them all!!

The first set I will be showing is called "FEELING ICKY" this is a great set for someone who isn't feeling well and needs a lift!

When I first saw this sentiment "Does the flu have you feeling blue?" I automatically thought of the Smurfs!! Luckily I have the bestest blog friends ever and my sweet friend Monica saved me because she knows how to make files into SVG's woo-hoo!!! I searched and searched for a Nurse Smurfette and I couldn't find one and Monica aka Simply Cricutting was glad to help, thanks girl you are the BEST!!!!

Nurse Smurfette was a little challenging to piece together because this didn't have an outline on where to put all the pieces like a Cricut cart does, so I pieced it together just buy looking at the picture online, I wanted to give up but I'm glad I didn't because I didn't want to let my friend down and it was worth it in the end, Nurse Smurfette is soooo cute!! I also added twine and inked up the paper with Broken China Distress Ink and added pop dots under her and the sentiment.

Here's a closeup of the sentiment and also the entire Feeling Icky stamp set it is available for pre-order HERE

The next set is the very much anticipated "FANPIRE" stamp set that we the DT have been drooling over for a while LOL! I am so glad Erika decided to make a Vanpire themed stamp set how smart and cool is that!!

I found this amazing Edward SVG for FREE HERE on Mardenz Blog I am so happy that I made the switch to SVG's because I haven't bought a new Cricut cartridge in months!! Especially when I can get SVG's for free or dirt cheap woo-hoo!!! 

 I cut the Edward SVG with my SCAL 2 using my Cricut Expression (also for smurfette) and then I placed him upside down in my Xyron sticker machine and poured black Halloween Martha Stewart glitter on top. I stamped the music notes with a background stamp and sprayed red Glimmer mist all over and inked the edges with Black Soot Distress ink, I colored my bling with a black marker because I didn't have black bling this large! I used my DCWV paper stack that looks like Twilight paper for the red rose background paper and distressed it using my Heart Attack paper sander from We R Memory keepers, and added some blace lace ribbon.

Here's a close up of Edward and the stamp I used along with the entire "FANPIRE" stamp set that is available for pre-order HERE
I hoe you enjoyed this release because I LOVE it and I could picture using both these sets for so many different things! have a great weekend and have fun watching Edward, Bella and  Jacob on the big screen this weekend!!

***Just a reminder be sure to leave a comment on all the DT's blogs both days to win all 4 New Release stamp sets!***

NEXT STOP is GLORIA

28 comments:

  1. very cool projects
    marial302003@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Smurf Card is HILARIOUS! I LOVE IT! That Sentiment is perfect and I'm a huge Edward Fan! Thanks for Sharing your Awesome Cards. :0)
    cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra, I just love your Smurfette card. I always liked the Smurfs and remember watching wth my daughter which is now a parent herself. Would you be able to get me this SVG cut. I hand cut everything outside the Cricut because I don't have a gypsy, computer program or reliable computer I understand. Thanks so much for all te fun.
    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Smurfette! She is too cute. I love the second card too.


    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com
    creativediva98 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your cards... so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh they are both amazing. Always have liked the smurfs!! Edward is more fab than I could have imagined!! Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off, I LOVE THE SMURFS!! Second your team vampire card is awesome! You did such a good job! Thanks for sharing!!

    my-o-scrappin.blogspot.com
    smmyiow@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects! That smurfette is so fun!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Smurfette card is so cute!!! I love the Edward card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandra I sooooooo need smurfette! Too cute! Love the name you picked for your sweet baby! Take care! CallyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH my gosh! How AMAZING are your cards!!! Love the SVGs!!! You did a great job!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Smurfette. Its perfect with my husband laying next to me with the flu. I hope I don't end up needing this card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome job Sandra!! I am so loving both your cards!!
    TFS!
    jessica

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandra that image of Edward is fangtastic
    and what a smart idea to use a smurf with that sentiment
    great job
    Perderg{at}q{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What lovely cards. Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW Sandra those cards are Smurftastic haha!! Love the Smurfette SVG!! I showed Ashley your Edward card and she was like Ask her to send it to me lol Awesome job girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are great, LOVE both your cards!!! And how cute is smurfette! TFS :-)

    -Samantha :-)

    SamanthaJDesigns @ hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job on both of your cards! you did an awesome job with both of these SVG files!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two very cool cards! Love Smurfette with that sentiment - perfect! lol And the sparkly Edward is fabulous! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the Smurf card. It reminds me of growing up watching them. TFS!
    Melisa Alzammar
    Lovemycricut2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that smurfette!!! great cards!!

    candace
    scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. GORGEOUS! I LOVE THE SMURFS AND TWILIGHT. SO U ROCKED MY WORLD TONIGHT WITH BOTH. TFS.
    SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG, I would love love love to have that Smurfette file! Smurfs are my absolute favorite! If I can get a copy or pay for a copy please let me know. I'd really appreciate it! Thanks for the Edward link too! I downloaded that one immediately. Loving SVGs too lately! So much fun! I simply adore those new stamp sets too. You did an amazing job. :0) TFS!

    Be sure to enter my 500 followers giveaway!

    XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are very nice projects! I love the Smurf. Reminds me of my kids when they were little.
    tfs Tami
    tambo1010atcomcastdotnet

    Tambos Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  25. lovely projects! I especially love the second card, TWILIGHT!!!

    Luanne
    myfootahead@gmail dot com
    http://craftersreference.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Smurfette looks so cute!

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love both of your cards!! Great projects and stamp sets. TFS Cathie

    ReplyDelete

My Highest Viewed Video

 Please come and support my YouTube channel and watch my highest viewed viewed video and subscribe! https://youtube.com/shorts/4gZ1h0N7sP8?f...