Tuesday, November 1, 2011

#231 Dia de los Muertos Blog Hop

***Please Scroll down to my next post for my Tacky Tuesday Guest Designer card***


Hi everyone welcome to the 2nd Annual Dia de los Muertos Blog Hop hosted by Abby if you are here from my sister Joanna's Blog then you are in the right spot!!

 For my project I just knew I wanted to make a skeleton with a rose in her hair so I did!! I cut the skeleton from the Happy Hauntings Cricut cartridge and made a 5 layered rose from a very small 1 inch flower punch. I stamped the sentiment "always and forever" using a wedding stamp set and then embossed with my cuttlebug and inked it up with Walnut stain distress ink. I also added borders with my flower scallop border punch.

Here's some awesome pics of the Dia De Los Muertos festival we went to in '09 in Oceanside, CA it was so much fun!!
I was so lucky to get a pic of this couple right before we were leaving!

Isn't this pic gorgeous!! I love the red roses and the fact that she was driving a car LOL!

Here's a cool pic of me and my honey Ricky, we paid a wopping .25 cents to make these cool masks, I think my hubby did a better job on his mask than me LOL!!

 
NEXT STOP is Xochitl

25 comments:

  1. I LOOOOVE it!! Worth the wait LOL =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it Sandra! I can't believe I've never used that skellie from Happy Hauntings. Sooo cute and your teeny rose is AMAZING! Love the way you've inked the embossing and your pix are fabulous. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. so super cool Sandra!! Love your skeleton with the flower :)
    TFS
    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are some great pics. Love your card. Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job girly. Love our culture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. que hermosa !!!! que bien te ha quedado el efecto que le diste con el entintado !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhhhhhhhhhh Love your picsssssss hehehe, Me encantan!!!!! Your card is so beautiful, love texturessssssss and the skeleton is so wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card, I love the embossing and inking! Thank you for sharing these great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice card Sandra, love the texture!! your pics are great!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandra:
    I love your card!! love the colors!! Those pictures are fantastic!! I liked the wedding-catrina picture!!
    TFS
    Hopefully you can reach goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Muy lindaaaaaa tarjetaa!!! me encanta el relieve que tiene.
    Saludines

    ReplyDelete
  12. what an awsom card. love th pics, so pretty. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Hola Sandra
    Great Pictures, thanks for sharing with us. You did fantastic creation. Good Job!
    -Sony

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super bonita!!!Besos de colores!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card. The flower just made it perfect!

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job Sandra and love the pics you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great fun pictures!! Love the embossing on your card and the touch of color with the turquoise:} Great job chica!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card! Thanks for sharing your fun pics!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice your card. Very colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. que linda te quedo la calaberita con su florecita se ve bien linda... saludos desde aguascalientes....

    ReplyDelete
  21. que linda tarjetita!!!! el entintado se ve increible....

    saluditOs!!!!
    p.d. no pude dejar msj con mi nombre, lo tuve que hacer en anonimo..... Ledia!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sandra hermoso tu proyecto...=)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sandra! love the work you did with your card. I really like that cute little rose and the background effect with the stain makes me think of those old cemeteries that have the iron gates and fences- that finished your card very well. TFS.
    Katya Bess
    Kattyxotica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

My Highest Viewed Video

 Please come and support my YouTube channel and watch my highest viewed viewed video and subscribe! https://youtube.com/shorts/4gZ1h0N7sP8?f...