Tuesday, November 29, 2011

#243 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop Day 5 Vintage Altered Composition Book

Hi everyone welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop DAY 5 hosted by Sylvia Bella Scrapbook Designs. If you are here from Sylvia's blog then you are in the right spot!  This hop is all about making 12 different Christmas gifts 12 days in a row and the last day we will be posting is on December 6th.
This is the before picture of my sad, depressing composition book I got from the Dollar Tree!! LOL!


Here's the AFTER picture!! 100 times better then the before picture right ladies lol!

I covered the front and back of the book using 2 thin 12x12 sheets of K & Company patterned paper, I cut each piece into 9x12 inches and adhered with my ATG gun. I didn't feel like messing with modge podge! I added black ribbon to the side.

I stamped the sentiment "Listen to your heart" and frame using Tim Holtz stamps. I made this tulle flower myself and added a brad in the middle! I sprayed the frame with pink glimmer mist and added distress ink.

Dress form on left is from Forever Young Cricut cartridge, and the other 2 are from Summer in Paris seasonal Cricut cart. I added black Onyx Martha Stewart glitter to them, and added bling with my i-rock only to the larger dress form.

Here's a tag/bookmark I made I stamped the Eiffel tower using a Tim Holtz stamp, and added rose distress ink, and a pink silk flower that's from the $1 store, along with tulle and a black glitter button. I stamped the first page using a heart stamp from Joann's. I placed a paper clip behind the flower so that you can actually hold the bookmark in place. 

Here's the inside flap of the book, you can see how I folded down the front paper and added black paper and a pink border strip which is also a pocket to hold stuff, here's an example of the pocket holding the bookmark I made.

I went a little crazy with my Black distress ink..... there's no such thing as too much distressing or glitter that's my motto LOL! I covered all of the outside pages with black distress ink too!

I hope you enjoyed today's gift I made, it was a true work of heart, only took me 3+ hours but worth it!! I was really glad to make something vintage it's been awhile! 

BLOG CANDY!! In honor of me creating 12 projects 12 days in a row, I will be celebrating by giving away ONE $10 gift certificate to one of my favorite online stores......  PEACHY KEEN STAMPS!!! All you have to do is leave me a comment on all 12 of my 12 Days of Christmas post and be a follower. The last day will be on December 6th. I will announce a random winner on Wed. 12/7 good luck!

NEXT STOP is PATTY

25 comments:

  1. WOW! It's hard to believe that this beautiful creation was once the dull teacher composition bk. I wish I had this kind of imagination. Great job. tfs - angie
    angiehbug at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have taken that sad, depressing composition book (LOL) to looking "fantabulous". ;-) Love everything about it. Your flower is adorable!! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it is better. Love the dress forms and the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool! Love the sparkly dress forms and the pretty tule flower!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is such a great idea.. love it...:) lindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so awesome you are so amazing with your creations love it girl, hope your feeling well Hugs Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you added your touch to the composition book. Looks very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You took a sad,depressing Composition Book and turned it into something Awesome!!! Love your Tulle Flower. Great Job! :0)
    cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow it looks great!

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome job Sandra!! Loving those dress forms!
    TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great altered project. Love the images. TFS

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com
    creativediva98 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great journal. very pretty. millierose651@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great transformation. I love the after, thanks for sharing:)
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice! You should be proud of yourself! TFS
    Wishing you well
    vhale@rock.k12.nc.us
    follower

    ReplyDelete
  15. i've made a couple of altered comp. books, and i must say, they're alot of fun. this is absolutely gorgeous! love your style. already a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  16. SWEET!!!!! I love it!!!! I have a couple of these books too that I started and haven't finished...better get to it, LOL!!

    TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this, I have been drooling over Smash books, but this is 10 times better, because you can decorate it yourself! Nice work! lclass003 atgmail dotcom

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW What a makeover. great job. TFS

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your altered project! LOVE the flower:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the Vintage notebook. The designs you used are great. I just adore silouettes.
    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. great idea... oh... how am i going to decide what to make for my staff... it is all so good
    tfs - leokc34 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great project! I have always wondered where those dress form images came from. Thank you so much!
    Shelly
    http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulously altered book!! I agree~U CAN NEVER use too much distress ink!

    ReplyDelete

My Highest Viewed Video

 Please come and support my YouTube channel and watch my highest viewed viewed video and subscribe! https://youtube.com/shorts/4gZ1h0N7sP8?f...