Monday, December 10, 2012

#136 Operation Superman Charity Blog Hop


Hi everyone welcome to the "Operation Superman Charity Blog Hop" hosted by ME Sandra I am hosting this hop to gather gifts to donate for a family who lost their father and also to someone who lost her husband. We are all making gifts and or Christmas cards to donate to the family, this is their first Christmas they are spending together without their dad whom everyone called "Superman". Seko "Superman" died tragically of heart failure in front of his wife and 4 young kids. We are hoping to spread some holiday cheer to this family in need.

For my first project I made Superman themed ornaments so the kids can hang on their tree. I got the Superman kids cutting pattern from the KaDoodle Bug Designs "SUPER KIDS" pattern and the Superman logo is from the Silhouette store. I cut them out using my Cameo and also added chipboard to the backs to make them sturdy and added twine to hang them on the tree.

For my 2nd project I made them a family gift to place a photo of them with their dad on his last Christmas which was last year. I made this from a canvas which is 8x10 and I altered it by using all paper products and my ATG gun to adhere. I cut the snowflake and the snowflakes border from the ART PHILOSOPHY Cricut Cartridge  and the large rosette flower along with the circle are from the  Artiste Cricut Cartridge, the "December 25th" stamp is a Cricut companion stamp to Artiste Cricut Cartridge which is called Perfect Fit- Holidays (below).
\
Stamp set I used for my canvas CTMH Perfect Fit-Holidays

Click HERE to purchase the "Super Kids" pattern I used for my project! From KaDoodle Bug Designs original artwork by Kristi W. Designs.

Giveaway! KaDoodle Bug Designs is sponsoring the hop with a $20 gift certificate to their store at http://www.kadoodlebugdesigns.com/

To qualify for the blog candy be sure to leave a comment on all the blogs (It's a short but sweet hop) and also comment and LIKE KaDoodle Bug Designs Facebook Fan page....... HERE and let them know "Operation Superman sent you"

A winner will be announced on Wednesday December 12th!




I also have a CLOSE TO MY HEART GIVEAWAY which is 6 4x6 papers from the "Fanfare" paper pack along with 2 feet of CTMH ribbon in Cranberry and Colonial white colors and also 6 clear buttons from the CLEAR BUTTON ASSORTMENT and also 1 pack of 4 5x6 "Superhero" Complements Rub-Ons all from CTMH. These items would be cute to make cards, a mini album or a scrapbook page with a Superhero theme! To qualify just make sure to be a follower and leave me a comment!

7. Jenny (Crazy About Cricut) - http://crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com/

If you would like to help out and send this family a Christmas card and or a holiday gift please email ME Sandra at critterbugg365@gmail.com for more information the family is also taking Paypal donations and gift cards.

23 comments:

  1. These are so adorable, Sandra! What a cute idea! :) I LIKED KaDoodle Bug's fb page and commented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an great projects and you should be so proud of yourself for doing such a great thing for this family!!! You have sparked a great idea for decorations for our family's tree this year!

    candace
    scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the projects!!! What a wonderful thing to do this time of year. KB is one of my most favorite companies and I love all the ideas on the fb page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What adorable ornaments and frame! These will be awesome gifts for that family.

    I like KaDoodle Bugs' page and I left a comment there as well.

    tiggeria@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Holidays Sandra! Thank you for sharing on this blog hop. I liked your tree ornaments. So sweet! jellybeankahler@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so adorable! I can't wait to see them in person. Thank you SO much for hosting this blog hop. Liz and her boys are going to be thrilled when they open these! You're the best!!!
    -Reg

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing dont see my first post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ornaments and frame, what a kind and thoughtful gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the ornaments. Thanks for organizing this blog hop.

    Melissa
    scraplady202@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a thoughtful idea! They are going to love your ornaments. Thank you so much for sharing this hop - really puts the importance of sharing, caring and family into the holidays!

    Jennifer
    wunderscreations@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tried posting once, but not sure what happened...

    Such a thoughtful hop! They are going to love your ornaments. Thank you so much for sharing - really adds the spirit of the holidays - caring, sharing and family.

    Jennifer
    wunderscreations@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet of you to help this family. Having recently lost my own father, I know they will treasure your efforts! What a wonderful way to spread holiday cheer! *Live4scrappin

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great thing you are doing !! the ornaments are wonderful and the photo mat is a wonderful idea for a lasting memory

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a kind and thoughtful idea, that's so sweet! Merry Christmas : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are really cute ornaments and the frame is just adorable. This family is sure going to love all the gestures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your projects are adorable! I especially love the ornaments! :D

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these ornaments! They are perfect! Thanks for hosting this amiga!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea! You are so thoughtful! I adore your ornaments and your picture hanger. I am falling in love with my Cameo more each day! Especially playing with the Kadoodle Bug Designs!

    Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Sandra such a kind thing for your ladies to do. I know this family will enjoy all the creations. They are all beautiful. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for hosting this hop and letting me be a part of it! I LOVE your projects! The ornaments are ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! I love how they look like the boys! Theu are going to LOVE THEM! Their picture will look perfect in your frame!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The superman ornaments are SUPER cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. your ornament and frames are so awesome!!!

    roseimini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your project! You are absolutely wonderful to do this for the family I am certain it will bring a little joy to them from all your kindness!
    Big Blog Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete

My Highest Viewed Video

 Please come and support my YouTube channel and watch my highest viewed viewed video and subscribe! https://youtube.com/shorts/4gZ1h0N7sP8?f...