Tuesday, June 22, 2010

#73 California Dreamin frame (Challenge 5 w/ Joanna)


Here's how the frame looks laying down, also you can see where I painted the inside and outside with black acrylic paint.


The challenge of the week! Pink glittery sunglasses with blue diamonds from Paisley.


This is what the frame looks like when it's standing on the leg attached to the frame.




A close up of the the title, butterfly and palm tree.


For my 5th challenge with my sister  Joanna I chose to make the sunglasses from Paisley. I had so many ideas of what I wanted to do so I finally decided to make a frame. I bought the frame from Michael's. I cut each object 4 times including once on chipboard, the sunglasses are from Paisley, title is from LAB and the butterfly is from a Martha Stewart punch. I put everything in my xyron sticker machine then sprinkled with Martha Stewart glitter. I painted the inside and outside of the frame with black acrylic paint. For the glasses I put glossy accents on the black part to make it look like real shades! I put 3 blue diamonds on each sides of the glasses.

9 comments:

  1. I love your frame! I like all the glitter and ya..I think you should make me one! ;)
    oh ya and I like the gems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful frame! The sunglasses are wonderful! They remind me of a pair I had in the 80's with little shooting stars on the "eyebrows". I think they were from the early 50s originally, I just had sunglasses put in. lol And I was living in California at the time : D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the paper, glitter, and glossy accents! This is just adorable! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Love the glittery shades

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous frame Sandra! love all the sparkles!!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super cool and hip fame. I love it. I am going to have to make one! TFS:)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello I am new to your blog & it is terrific.
    I really like your projects. This frame is adorable. Cute photo too!
    I am following your blog now & hope you can follow me too at:
    http://archiving-angel.blogspot.com
    Happy crafting,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I love the black frame it really makes the cuts pop! Those glasses are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty...also a follower...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

My Highest Viewed Video

 Please come and support my YouTube channel and watch my highest viewed viewed video and subscribe! https://youtube.com/shorts/4gZ1h0N7sP8?f...