Monday, June 28, 2010

#74 Ahoy! (Paper Playtime Challenge#5) Queen!!!


Here's what the card looks like when you first look at it. Peek a boo!

Here's what the card looks like when you pull out the wave with the octopus floating.

Ahoy! The sea monster!
 The outer part of the card.


I am so happy to be Queen for a week at Paper Playtime (Paper Playtime challenge 5) for this weeks challenge it's Ahoy Matey!  I decided to make a b-day card for a little boy (or girl) using CAC for the octopus I wanted the octopus to look like a sea monster lurking on the waves, so that's why I made him blue to blend in with the water and  I embossed with my Cuttlebug, I also embossed the title. The wave attached to the octopus is from LAB. I cut 3 layers for everything because I didn't want anything to rip as you pull it out of the pocket. I made the pocket card by cutting a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch card in half diagonally to make a triangle, then I glued only one side of the triangle so that I can make a pocket. To make the waves on the pocket part I ripped 3 strips of paper then I used my Broken China distress ink on the waves and octopus.

13 comments:

  1. This is just awesome!! Love how you made the pocket! Great Birthday card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out sooo cute! I like the embossing..I love that octopus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, love your theme. Thank you for hosting... Visit me at http://cheryl-gibson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookie! Lookie! This is too cool! Thanks for such a fun piece for inspiration! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. omgoodness Sandra, this is so cute!!! What a great inspiration card for the challenge! Brilliant idea hun!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this card. It is just the cutest! I'm definitely going to have to scraplift this idea. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card turned out adorable, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just toooo cute!! Love your card. I just became a follower and hope you stop by at http://808creator.blogspot.com/ and join me as well. Look forward to seeing more from your blog.

    Aloha,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card, it's tooo cute. Please visit me at http://808creator.blogspot.com/ and follow along. I've just followed your blog. :)

    Aloha,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute, cute, cute! The embossing on the octopus absolutely makes him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is soooooooooooo cute! I love the the octopus slids out! Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so super cute! The embossing is great and I love the way you shaped the card! Very creative;) TFS.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

My Highest Viewed Video

 Please come and support my YouTube channel and watch my highest viewed viewed video and subscribe! https://youtube.com/shorts/4gZ1h0N7sP8?f...