Friday, August 5, 2011

#178 Tent Card and I'm a Guest Designer!!!

(Front of Card)
Hi everyone!!! I am so super excited to be a Guest Designer today for the wonderful talented Erika from Crafty Sprouts (formerly Cricut Love). In case you haven't seen her new blog changes be sure to check it out HERE she has a brand new blog design and a fabulous new blog name I love all the new changes!!!

Erika wanted her Guest Designers to make a tent card, and of course I had to say yes!! I was totally up for this challenge especially since I never made one before, I was so happy to think outside the box!  I did a search for "Tent Cards" and stumbled across this fabulous blog post from Magnolia stamps HERE and they had a step by step tutorial which was very easy to follow!

(Side View)
I just love how this card folds completely flat and measures 6x6 inches then, when you see the side you see how cool it is that it stands up on its own!

Here's another view of how I assembled the top, I colored this stamp called Sasha from TGFS called Creepin Crew, I actually stamped her on tan cardstock and colored her with Bic markers and added Stickles to her bracelet and boots. I also added a bow, and the silver ring you see her actually makes her dangle. I got the rings in a large package from Michael's jewelry section for about $2..... I felt like I was cheating on the Scrapbooking section LOL!

Here's another shot I just had to show you! Its a closeup of my famous tiny paper roses, yes they are so freaking tiny and take about 10 minutes to make but I love them! I used a 1 inch 6 petal flower punch to create these. The sentiment is Scrappy Moms stamps, and the oval shape and scallop oval are from the Storybook cart. 

Ok so I know this card looks intimidating but it was extremely easy!!! If you would like to join in the fun and create a Tent card you can enter the challenge at  Crafty Sprouts Blog !!! 

The sponsor for this challenge is PKS (wide eyed kids face assortment) also everyone that enters in the challenges until August 26 will be entered to win a Scrap N Easel! Erika is giving away a $10 Gift certificate to Market Street stamps for everyone that comments on Erika's blog and the Guest designers blogs this week!

These are so amazing prizes up for grabs and all you have to do is enter the Tent Card challenge HERE!!

Thank you so much Erika for letting me create something completely different and for getting me out of my card rut LOL! Love these tent cards!!!


13 comments:

  1. Very pretty Sandra! Love the tent card! Your roses are beautiful!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! I love the image you used- super cute!

    JulieK
    http://jk-littlebitofbling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! Congrats on being a guest DT this week!
    Lisa
    summer_sunset54 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love your card!! I think you did a fabulous job! The colors are bright and cheerful and I love that little image!! Thank you thank you so much for being my guest designer I am honored!!

    Lots of Love,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this type of card! Great job with it!
    Tina
    www.myhoppyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is a fabulous card. I am going to try my first tent card for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soo cute! Love her eyeshadow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is sweet. I have to try this one sometime soon.
    lmkindell1@verizon.net
    lindashappyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so adorable! Great job.

    edoggsugarlipsandprincessbuttercup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute card!! loved it!! Love the tent card.. i came over from Erika's blog!!


    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like your Tent Card & will ck out video on how to make one. Recently learned how to make a Gate Fold Card. I've been a follower of your blog for awhile.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job with the card!! Love the flowers and sentiment you used!!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete

My Highest Viewed Video

 Please come and support my YouTube channel and watch my highest viewed viewed video and subscribe! https://youtube.com/shorts/4gZ1h0N7sP8?f...