Monday, December 5, 2011

#248 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop Day 10/ Easy! Christmas Ornament

Hi everyone welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Blog HopDAY 10 hosted by Sylvia Bella Scrapbook Designs. If you are here from Sylvia's blog then you are in the right spot! This hop is all about making 12 different Christmas gifts 12 days in a row and the last day we will be posting is on December 6th.


I apologize for not posting the last 2 days, I have been very ill and pretty much in bed all day long :(  Luckily I am finally feeling much better and I will be posting Day 11's project later this evening thank you!


For today's gift I made something super fast that I think came out great! I made a Christmas ornament using the Serenade Solutions Cricut cartridge, the size is about 3x 4.5 inches, I cut it out on 3 layers of cereal box chipboard, and also for a 4th time I cut it out on gray cardstock. I placed the gray cardstock piece of the bird upside down in my Xyron sticker machine and poured Martha Stewart Christmas glitter all over it. I punched a small hole using my Crop a dile and tied a circle of embroidery floss through it to hang on the tree.

As soon as I was finished my son said he wanted to put it on our "Big" tree lol! No kidding it's 7 1/2 feet tall, and guess what I almost broke our tree while decorating it (don't ask LOL!) luckily my hubby was able to fix it, but I had to re-decorate the entire tree all over again because  of the way he fixed the tree all the "good" ornaments were facing the back. So it's like I decorate to huge tree's this year lol! Can you spot where I place my new ornament below??


BLOG CANDY!! In honor of me creating 12 projects 12 days in a row, I will be celebrating by giving away ONE $10 gift certificate to one of my favorite online stores...... PEACHY KEEN STAMPS!!! All you have to do is leave me a comment on all 12 of my 12 Days of Christmas post and be a follower. The last day will be on December 6th. I will announce a random winner on Wed. 12/7 good luck!

NEXT STOP is PATTY

17 comments:

  1. beautiful ornament!! glad you are feeling better :)
    Take care of yourself and that little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful ornament..I really need to pick up some of that glitter..so pretty! Looks awesome on your tree:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
    jskoning at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ornament! Love your tree! Hope you are feeling better!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling better!! Thanks for the inspiration and the opportunity to win! Leokc34 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling better!
    I don't think my other comment worked

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ornament!

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you have been feeling icky! Love the dove and you have a beautiful tree! TFS
    wishing you well
    vhale@rock.k12.nc.us
    follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I love that glitter!
    Shelly
    http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear that you've been "under the weather". Hope you're feelin' better real soon. :-)

    Your ornament is "glittery gorgeous"! And you've placed it smack in the mid of your beautiful tree! It's a stunner! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. pretty ornament! and so shiny with the glitter

    Luanne
    myfootahead at gmail dot com
    craftersreference.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty ornament and your tree is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Your Tree is Beautiful. I love how you dove turned out and I also love glitter too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looking tree and you did a nice jobe with te glittery ornament.
    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your ornament and your tree looks absolutely beautiful! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I see it, I see it. Beautiful, both the ornament & tree. tfs -angie
    angiehbug at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful tree!! I LOVE the glittery bird!!

    ReplyDelete

My Highest Viewed Video

 Please come and support my YouTube channel and watch my highest viewed viewed video and subscribe! https://youtube.com/shorts/4gZ1h0N7sP8?f...