Tuesday, December 6, 2011

#250 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop DAY 12/ Doggie Christmas Gift!

Hi everyone welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Blog HopDAY 12 hosted by Sylvia Bella Scrapbook Designs. If you are here from Sylvia's blog then you are in the right spot! This hop is all about making 12 different Christmas gifts 12 days in a row and the last day we will be posting is on December 6th.




Hi everyone I hope you are having a great day! Today is the last day of the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop! I made a Dog Christmas gift for my dogs I just love to spoil them even at Christmas time and plus I love watching them open their presents LOL! If you are trying to guess how my dogs open their presents, well we usually fill their stockings with treats, bones, pig ear raw hides, and toys and let them "dig" them out it's pretty funny and cute I think this year we will actually film them in action lol! It's so sweet hearing my son giggle and get excited watching the dogs open their presents!

I made this treat present using the Christmas Cards Cricut cartridge (I forgot I had that cart!) I cut the stocking from that cart and did some surgery on it since it only had the top layer and I wanted a red and white stocking! I cut 2 stockings on clear transparency paper I was able to fit 2 on one 8x8 sheet. My Cricut didn't cut all the way so I had to go back and cut the outline out with my Tim Holtz scissors, not bad since it's an easy cut! I stamped the sentiment using Scrappy Moms dog stamp set, and embossed the snowflakes with my Cuttlebug. I also added red/white twine, so this can even be a Christmas ornament too!

My son is so cute right away he said "Oooooh mommy made a dog cookie necklace!" awww the things 4 year olds say! he is so excited that I made the dog's a present lol! As I type my post Aidan is hanging this stocking on the tree and I can hear him say "No Boots, that's for later for Christmas!" I just had to mention that is so cute!!

Here's the back, I was only able to squeeze in 2 small dog treats without popping it open. I adhered the stocking with my ATG gun, I don't really recommend it, since it was popping open as soon as I fit the treats in. I think a hot glue gun, or a wet glue would have been better, or even a stapler.

I love this sentiment "You've got me wrapped around your Paw!" yes my dogs do! they are my little precious balls of fur LOL!

BLOG CANDY!! In honor of me creating 12 projects 12 days in a row, I will be celebrating by giving away ONE $10 gift certificate to one of my favorite online stores...... PEACHY KEEN STAMPS!!! All you have to do is leave me a comment on all 12 of my 12 Days of Christmas post and be a follower. The last day will be on December 6th. I will announce a random winner on Wed. 12/7 good luck!

NEXT STOP is PATTY

P.S. Be sure to check back TONIGHT at 9pm PST for the Crafty Sprouts blog hop, you won't want to miss it, everyone on the DT has something special to giveaway!!!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. hahaha! you're so cool. You're dogs will surely love your treat.

    Luanne
    myfootahead at gmail dot com
    craftersreference.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is awesome Sandra!! Lucky doggie to get this treat :)
    TFS!!!
    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! We have a huge stocking for our pup and we fill it with lots of treats!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! I think it's so fun watching pets open their gifts. We do the same with our cats! TFS!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww this is so sweet My little brownie would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My li'l Bailey would love to have something like that. Thanks for the idea! :-)

    Sandra, I'm sorry to see that the blog hop has ended but I've had an absolute ball! I've gotten so much inspiration from your awesome projects. TFS them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My li'l Bailey would love to have something like that. Thanks for the idea! :-)

    Sandra, I'm sorry to see that the blog hop has ended but I've had an absolute ball! I've gotten so much inspiration from your awesome projects. TFS them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the doggie stocking, what a cute idea, I too am sad to see the hop end:( Hope there is another one soon.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. TFS
    wishing you well
    vhale@rock.k12.nc.us
    follower

    ReplyDelete

My Highest Viewed Video

 Please come and support my YouTube channel and watch my highest viewed viewed video and subscribe! https://youtube.com/shorts/4gZ1h0N7sP8?f...