Saturday, December 31, 2011

#270 My First Silhouette Cameo Project!

Hi everyone!! I am so excited to share my first Silhouette Cameo project, my hubby got me a Cameo for  Christmas and I was completely shocked that he got me one it was a big surprise!! I will be makoing some changes to my blog in the upcoming 2012 year, meaning I will not just be posting Cricut only projects, I will also be using my Silhouette Cameo,  stamps, digi stamps, non die-cut machine projects, and of course Cricut projects! I have invested way too much $$ in my Cricut and cartridge library that I will NOT be getting rid of or selling, I am still a proud Cricut owner eventhough I have a new Cameo!

Ok I am in love with my Cameo, I mean it was completely hard for me at first to figure out their Free software, since I am so used to using SCAL 2, both of these are way different from eachother. I am NOT a tech savvy person at all I mean I couldn't even figure out how to but a free blog header on my blog for months ugh! Luckily my sweet, sweet friend Monica aka Simply Cricutting came to the rescue and offered to help change my blog isn't it cute!?! Thanks Monica you're the bomb, girl!!! Be sure to check out her blog HERE because she has been very busy making several Youtube videos about the Cameo, and she is the one who really convinced me to ask for one for christmas LOL! Good thing I listened haha!

Ok now onto my project....... I got this dress shaped card from the Silhouette store and added a button on the front, stamped the sentiment inside with an Inkadinkado stamp I've had in my stash forever! This card measures about 3.5x5 inches.

 I signed up for the Silhouette store's monthly pass subscription for $16 a month I get $150 worth of image downloads basically for free! It averages out to be about .10 per design woo-hoo so awesome!! I am in download heaven overhere LOL! When you download their images from their store you can only use it with the Silhouette software, you can NOT use it with Scal3 or MTC!!!!!



Be sure to check out my blog tomorrow, I will be sharing a project I made using SCAL3 with my Cameo! FYI- if you already own SCAL2  you can upgrade to SCAL3 for FREE!!! And don't worry you still get to keep SCAL2 on your computer, I have both now but SCAL2 does NOT work with the Cameo!!!! You will need SCAL3 or another program if you want to cut other company files that are NOT from the Silhouette store like SVG Attic, Lettering Delights, SVG Cuts, etc.

I am so sorry this post was very long, I am just trying to explain as much as I can about my experience with my Silhouette over the last couple days, since I know so many people are interested int this wonderful machine. So far I LOVE it, and I promise to learn how to do the print/cut feature and also to cut some very intricate stuff for you!

***This card is now for sale in my Etsy shop HERE with FREE SHIPPING!!!!!***

Happy NEW Year!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having loads of fun, Sandra!! I am saving my pennies for this machine, I hope to join you in the Silhoutte Cameo experience! Have a happy New Year! ~ Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. got one too for Christmas and have been using Scal 3 also with it because I have sooo many svg files. I haven't quite gotten the print and cut to work with scal 3 and the cameo yet - but that isn't something I see myself doing a lot of anyway!! look forward to all your Cameo projects:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amzing Post Well because I'm in it!! LOL jk. Ah thank you my friend. Those were some sweet words! You know you can count on me for what ever you need! Bring on the Cameo Creations!!! I can't wait!

    Toodles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card; what a nice hubby and so nice he really surprised you. Have fun with your new equipment!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!
    http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.ocm

    ReplyDelete

My Highest Viewed Video

 Please come and support my YouTube channel and watch my highest viewed viewed video and subscribe! https://youtube.com/shorts/4gZ1h0N7sP8?f...