Monday, December 5, 2011

#249 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop DAY 11/ Jack Skellington Cocoa Mug

***Please Scroll down for DAY 10***

Hi everyone welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Blog HopDAY 11 hosted by Sylvia Bella Scrapbook Designs. If you are here from Sylvia's blog then you are in the right spot! This hop is all about making 12 different Christmas gifts 12 days in a row and the last day we will be posting is on December 6th.



For my 11th project I made a gift for a guy. I got the cocoa mug SVG and the Santa hat SVG from Lettering Delights. I made my own SVG file for the Jack Skellington cut by using this .gif image. I cut the files using my SCAL 2 along with my old Cricut Expression. I embossed only the front of the mug with my Cuttlebug using Duff's texture tiles (scroll down for more info!) I also inked up the snowflakes with white chalk ink.

Here's the inside, this SVG already had a spot to place the hot cocoa, I just added a glue dot underneath the cocoa to keep it in place. 

Here's the back of the mug, for both sentiments I used CRAFTY SPROUTS STAMPS "Have A Cool Yule" right now she is having a sale all week long, all stamp sets including new releases are only $12.50 with FREE shipping!!!! Great deal, be sure to check them all out HERE! I love them they stamp so perfectly and the are the perfect size for all your projects!

Here's what the side looks like, I added pop dots under Jack Skellington, and also added a pop dot to close the mug together.

I recently figured out that "Duff's texture Tiles" work in the Cuttlebug!! I bought these at Michael's on clearance for $3 and you get 2 embossing folders and they emboss pretty good, not as good as Cuttlebug or Sizzix but pretty good as you can see in my project above! I actually did the de-bossed side instead of the embossed side make sense?

Here's the Cuttlebug recipe for the Texture Tiles, (I was too lazy to type it lol!) BTW the rubber mat I used was from Spellbinders embossing mat from Joann's or Michaels!


BLOG CANDY!! In honor of me creating 12 projects 12 days in a row, I will be celebrating by giving away ONE $10 gift certificate to one of my favorite online stores...... PEACHY KEEN STAMPS!!! All you have to do is leave me a comment on all 12 of my 12 Days of Christmas post and be a follower. The last day will be on December 6th. I will announce a random winner on Wed. 12/7 good luck!

NEXT STOP is PATTY

19 comments:

  1. Love today's project. Thanks for the recipe too.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a great project... my son would love to have that...:) lindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun! I have seen these folders and have wondered if they would work! I will have to keep my eye for them!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool that the texture tiles work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your jack mug!!! Too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great gift idea Sandra!!
    TFS
    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, how cute is that!

    TFS about the Duff embossing plates. I always wondered if they could be used in embossing machines. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute! love the Skely in Santa costume. Love the mug. That stamp set is lovely, but the local shop here doesn't have them.

    Luanne
    myfootahead at gmail dot com
    craftersreference.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Idea and such a cute card for any guy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very different-fun idea!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been wanting tis cut so much. My granddaughter really likes te move. You did such a super job with the mug. The embossing gives it a great finish.
    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it..... so would my son that is a jack skeleton fan!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card...Jack is so fun...I have a 7 foot tall Jack that my son made me.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea. I love Jack. He is awesome.


    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com
    creativediva98 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a wonderful and different gift idea.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very unexpected and I love it! TFS
    wishing you well
    vhale@rock.k12.nc.us
    follower

    ReplyDelete
  17. Neat idea for male gift. TFS
    angie
    angiehbug at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am sooooo in love with this mug!!!

    ReplyDelete

My Highest Viewed Video

 Please come and support my YouTube channel and watch my highest viewed viewed video and subscribe! https://youtube.com/shorts/4gZ1h0N7sP8?f...