Wednesday, June 22, 2011

#158 Scrappy Moms Sneak Peek 4, Watermelon Layout and Hop Winner!!



Hi everyone I hope you all are having  a great day! I was so excited when I saw that Cooking with the Cricut was having a watermelon challenge, so I decided to make a pre-made sb page for pictures of my son eating watermelon last summer. I am so bad at getting my pictures printed out right away and I usually don't make a lot of pre-made pages, I guess I forget that you can do that LOL! 

For the background paper I used Kraft cardstock along with.......Christmas Paper!!! Yep! I can't believe I  was able to pull it off! I was scared to use Christmas patterned paper  at first, but then I thought it would be genius since a watermelon is naturally green/red and white. This Christmas paper is from the American Crafts Christmas stack that I got at Tuesday morning for less then $5. The watermelon cuts are from Simply Charmed and these ants invading the page are from Kate's ABC's. The title Mmmm is from Graphically Speaking, along with American Crafts  alphabet stickers. I stamped the "Juicy" watermelon with Scrappy Moms Stamps GOOD EATS which is my 4th Sneak Peak as a Guest Designer.  which is my  faces on the melons with PKS Boy Mates, and stamped the ants eyes with PKS Everyday Paper Dolls. For a final touch I added white rick-rack and did some REAL stitching with my Sew Easy!! 

I have to thank Marianne from Facebook her blog is Paper or Fabric Crafter she was so sweet and sent me a RAK which was embroidery floss for my new Sew Easy, I used a dark green color here for the stitching. Thank you so much Marianne!! That was so super nice of you, I felt like it was Christmas!! Make sure to check out her amazing talent HERE

Now onto the Cupcake Birthday Blog Hop Winner..... Becky Dunham!! Congrats Becky! Please email me at critterbugg365@gmail.com

12 comments:

  1. SO ADORABLE! I LOVE the Boy Mate faces on the fruit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! I love the little ants crawling over the project! So awesome :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute layout! The ants are a little too life-like, though - LOL! :) ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute! I am now a new follower, would love for you to check out my blog too! :)
    Amy

    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the little ants! Thanks for joining us at Cooking With Cricut this week!

    Stacey
    http://staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout. Love the ants. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is one darling layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout! I love the rik-rak on the edge of the photo mats...looks like the ants are marching.

    April

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome layout. Love the ants:) They made me smile!! TFS and thanks for joining us at Cooking With Cricut!
    ~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great LO, Sandra! Love that you repurposed some Christmas paper! Thanks for linking your project up at Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

My Highest Viewed Video

 Please come and support my YouTube channel and watch my highest viewed viewed video and subscribe! https://youtube.com/shorts/4gZ1h0N7sP8?f...