Tuesday, January 1, 2013

#1 Winter Tic Tac Toe Terrific Tuesday Challenge Hop

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! We hope you all had a safe and wonderful New Year's Eve! 

Thank you for joining us for this weeks Terrific Tuesday Challenge. We decided to change this TTC up a little and have some fun. We will be giving away a prize for this TTC all on it's own!

In order to qualify for the drawing for a SMS stamp set of your choice you will need to visit all the stops on the hop - on the final blog there will be a "Secret Phrase" to find. The challenge portion is to create a project using the Winter Tic Tac Toe board below. Use the 3 items in any row - accross, down, or diagonal - to make your project and link it below. Now, comes time for the "Secret Phrase" - you can either mention the phrase in a comment on this post when you link your project or include it in your actual blog post. 

Here is the Tic Tac Toe board... 




For the challenge I chose to use the bottom row...... Ribbon-Buttons-Die Cuts

I made a scrapbook page for our Christmas 2012 album this was Aidan's 1st ever letter to Santa and of course I had to take some pics! I got the little boy and Santa Mailbox with mustache all from KaDoodle Bug Designs "LETTERS TO SANTA" pattern original artwork by Kristi W. Designs. I cut everything out using my Silhouette Came and I also got the postage stamp (journaling area), talk bubble and title from the Silhouette store. The tiny snowflakes on the boys scarf are negative pieces leftover from a snowflake border punch. I stamped the boys face with Peachy Keen Stamps PK-451 Wide Eyed Kids 1 1/8.  I also added Marichino Scrappy Moms Twine and the stamp I chose to use is the "I Believe" stamp in the talk bubble from Scrappy Moms "Winter Wishes" stamp set. I added some red rick-rack ribbon and red buttons from the Close To My Heart Red Buttons Assortment.

As you can see here I didn't completely glue down my green polka dot paper so I can "hide" my son's letter to Santa I know one day when  he is old enough he will cherish that special letter to Santa especially since he wrote it on 12-12-12!! (that was totally unplanned BTW!)  His letter reads....
"I want an Angry Birds DS game please.  Aidan  Rosario Age 5 12-12-12" look he also drew all 4 of us including the baby lol!


Watch my project on YouTube!!

Here's the adorable cutting pattern I used for my project you can get it for 60% off right now for the New Year's Sale at KaDoodle Bug Designs



NEXT STOP is Corri

19 comments:

  1. Will ck back late for your project. Happy New Year!
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stuck in a loop! scrappin5littlecupcakes links to you and you link back to her! Who comes next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra,
    Can you help me? I wanted to follow with the blog hop but, I click on the link Crisi and it takes my back to Scrappin5little cupcakes blog. Thats where I started. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How stinkin' cute! I love the pocket for his Santa letter - absolutely adorable! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layout. Very inspirational.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. how cute... i have used my children's letters to Santa or their Christmas wish lists for years... just love that idea...
    adventureofthecreativemind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute layout love you little child on your layout !!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  8. SOOOO stinkin cute!!! LOVE the LO and the story of the letter...just adorable!!! So happy you are part of the Scrappy Moms family!!!

    Happy New Year,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun and bright layout! I just love the papers! The polka dots and stripes look fabulous and of course the little boy-So cute!
    TFS! Happy New Year!
    Sherrie K
    http:/sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Lo is just adorable. Love the cute cuts and all the cheery colors.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a darling layout! I love, love how you included the letter to Santa. I'm going to have to remember this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like the layout w/ the PK face.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great holiday layout! Love the writing sample too. Teachers love the simple things. :)

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable! I love love love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun holiday layout. Great way to show case the writing
    katieoscreations@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this layout, so cute!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute idea for his first Santa letter, I'm gonna have to find my nieces & nephews letters!

    Jennifer.rose112@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sandra
    I love your Layout I don't Do them But I'm Going To Start Something This Year Cuz There All Come Out So Beautiful. Smooches Mami Gloria

    ReplyDelete

My Highest Viewed Video

 Please come and support my YouTube channel and watch my highest viewed viewed video and subscribe! https://youtube.com/shorts/4gZ1h0N7sP8?f...