Sunday, January 9, 2011

#8 Cars Coloring Book

***If you are looking for the Hello Kitty Blog Hop Click HERE***

 Front Cover
 My Son's coloring!
Back Cover

Hi everyone I hope you are having a fun weekend so far. Yesterday my son and I made our first Cricut Craft together I decided to make him a coloring book with my Cricut markers and cereal box chipboard. I pulled out all of my Disney and Licensed carts and also Boys Will Be Boys cart and let him pick which one he wanted and he chose the Cars hanbook! It was so funny because he didn't want the Boys Will Be Boys cart because the handbook wasn't all bright and colorful like the rest of them LOL! My 3 year old son was so excited to have his own little book he actually colored all 8 of his pages before I could put the entire book together, Aidan loves his Cars book and carries it around everywhere.

Onto my project.....I used my Cricut Markers to draw 8 different designs AKA 8 coloring pages and I had my Cricut draw them on basic computer paper. I cut cereal box chipboard and also the coloring pages to 6x9 inches. I cut a big Lighting McQueen for the front cover and added patterend paper and ribbon to bing the book together. I am also entering into Paula's challenge at MORE THAN FAVORS color challenge which is to use Turquoise, Red & White....some of my favorite colors to scrap with!

15 comments:

  1. I love that you two did this project together! I can't wait to have kids and crafting buddies! I bought this cartridge because my big boy (my fiance) loves the movie Cars lol. Is your sin excited about Cars 2 coming out soon? I have yet to cut anything out with it but I have caught him flipping through the booklet a couple times :)
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project!! What a great idea to make your own coloring book. I'm so glad that your son enjoyed his coloring book. My kids can't wait for Cars 2. It's all they talk about.

    Be Blessed
    Shawnee

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO great!!!!! Really a great idea. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So super cute! I just picked this cartridge up, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic!! I discovered using my Cricut markers for Spongebob and I really like how these come out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Gosh Sandra! This is just awesome!!! Love that you showed one of the pages that Aidan colored! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute! I love the coloring book idea, and might have to try it for party favors this year! Anywho, I left you an award on my blog!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute!

    myska
    mwhitmore1 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute project Sandra. So adorable that your son coloured all the pages before it was even together.

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so Cute! I am definately Scraplifting this for my nephew! This is adorable!!! Thank you for Joining the Wacky Wednesday Challenge over at More Than Favors! Hope to see you back for More!

    Happy Crafting,
    Paula
    morethanfavors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my this is FAB! What a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this!! I have been thinking the last couple of days of doing the same thing with my Toy Story cartridge for my son. I wasn't sure if it would work the way I was thinking so I'm glad to see this!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a very clever idea. I bet my grandsons would love it. This was my first challenge and I hope you had as much fun as I did! I am a follower. TFS! Good luck on your 365!

    Mama LoveBug from LoveBug Creations

    ReplyDelete
  14. This turned out wonderfully, I may just have to steal this idea. lol
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete

My Highest Viewed Video

 Please come and support my YouTube channel and watch my highest viewed viewed video and subscribe! https://youtube.com/shorts/4gZ1h0N7sP8?f...