Friday, August 20, 2010

#111 and #112..... 1 Owl, 2 Ways (More than Favors & Jitterbuggin' Challenges)


The theme for Wacky Wednesday at More Than Favors was to create a birthday card. My hubby asked me to make a b-day card for his brother so I decided to make an owl card and use my owl stamp set that I got recently at M's. The talk bubbles are from Gypsy Wanderings and the stamps say.."Who's having a birthday...Jovanny is" " I hope it's a Hoot!" the owl and party hat are from Hoot n Holler. The reason I did 1 owl 2 ways is because I originally cut the orange layer yellow and I wasn't happy with the color combo, I didn't want to waste that yellow owl layer LOL so I made this Thankgiving owl card for Jitterbuggin':
Here's the sketch we had to make a card with a cricut animal and add stripes.
My version and the original yellow owl layer!
For this weeks theme at Jitterbuggn' we had to follow the Born to be wild sketch ***see above***. I am getting a head start on my many Holiday cards that I'm going to be making this year. The owl is from Hoot n Holler  the paper is from the new Autum stack from DCWV the lacy punch is from Martha Stewart. I cut a strip of striped paper and stamped Happy Thanksgiving and adhered to the brown lacy paper.

9 comments:

  1. Sandra I love the colors! Thanks for joining the More Than Favors - Wacky Wednesday challenge!

    Happy Crafting,
    Paula
    Morethanfavors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just wonderful! Love the owl two ways!!! Awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these owl cards! I'm glad you FINALLY used hoot n holler! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute little owl cards!

    Thanks for Jitterbuggin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cards. The layering is just fabulous! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a nice comment!

    ReplyDelete

My Highest Viewed Video

 Please come and support my YouTube channel and watch my highest viewed viewed video and subscribe! https://youtube.com/shorts/4gZ1h0N7sP8?f...