Friday, September 17, 2010

#135 Eeek! Black Widow Card

Yesterday morning I went to the Dollar Tree and got a package of already cut foil to try embossing in my Cuttlebug. I originally thought of this from shopping on Oh My Crafts, they sell metal for embossing and I was thinking hey, foil could work and it did! I embossed the entire silver background (the Foil) with a skull scroll embossing folder that I got on clearance at Oh My Crafts, the scary black widow is from the October 31st cart I added 4 pieces of red bling on it to look like a real black widow. Unfortunately I know exactly what they look like because I get them scary suckers in my back yard and my front yard since I live in the dry/hot part of So. California =( I'd rather buy Cricut Cartridges then pay for an exterminator.....that is sad I am risking my life for Cricut Carts!LOL, Luckily there's Raid and thats cheap!! Oh and another tip, I tried cutting the foil with my paper trimmer and it ripped! So make sure to trim with your scissors!!

5 comments:

  1. Very cool! I really like the way this looks! I always keep a stocked supply of those foil sheets, I love to line my baking pans with them, but I never thought to emboss them! I will definitely have to try this! It's great for Halloween! It's funny what we skimp on, so we can spend more on our carts! hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! That's scary!! Great card and imagination!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! Love how the embossing looks...not so sure about the spider!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Gosh! It looks real! I hate spiders!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! I completely relate about wanting to spend $$ on crafty stuff than practical! We have widows also- my exterminator? DH w/a can of raid and a stick to squash the egg sacks! LOL

    ReplyDelete

My Highest Viewed Video

 Please come and support my YouTube channel and watch my highest viewed viewed video and subscribe! https://youtube.com/shorts/4gZ1h0N7sP8?f...