Sunday, September 26, 2010

#143 Bountiful fall Card

I created this card for a few challenges I will list them below this post. First off I would like to say that I highly recommend all of you Cricut Cartridge addicts (LOL! Like me) to buy the new Country Life cart it is so cute and amazing....there is so many cute cuts and sayings on there I was very amazed and impressed when I was looking through the handbook I just got it 2 days ago. The title is from Country Life, the wagon is from a Child's Year, the pumpkins are from Gypsy Wanderings. I embossed the wagon with my cuttlebug and added stickles to the pumpkins and the silk flower. Here's a tip ladies....if you want some very affordable flowers just go to the dollar store and buy a silk flower bouqet and remove all plastic parts and there you have it, a beautiful flower perfect for cards and scapbook layouts!! Very cost effective, the only down side is you might have to iron your flower. I ironed this flower it didn't take very long, I hate ironing I don't remember last last time that I ironed I couldn't even remember how to turn it on LOL no joke!! Well at least I have a new purpose for it and I need to find a home for it in my scrapbook room and also find a very small ironing board! I hope that helps you!  Now for the challenges: 

Always Crafting  for this challenge my friend Stephanie has a new challenge every WED. this week it is to make something that inspires you. So this card totally inspired me when I went to my parents house the other night for my dad's b-day dinner, while I was eating I noticed my mom pulled out her fall decor and right in front of me I saw a wagon with pumpkins in it!! Yep I told my mom right there and then that I was going to make a card out of it....she was amazed, she said "Really, how? How can you make a card from something like that?!?" I  was laughing and smiling and I said "Just watch!" Wow I feel like that was a challenge/compliment LOL! I will give her that card for Halloween or Thanksgiving she will be shocked that I did it!

Fantabulous Cricut challenge is to make something with the fall gardening theme. When I got my country Life cart I saw this title and automatically thought of Fall veggies like pumpkin, squash, etc.

Jitterbuggin challenge this week is to follow the sketch, use plaid, and have something Fall on it. I tried to follow the sketch as much as possible, I just had to flip my card horizontal so my long title could fit.

12 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the colours you've used and I love autumn as well. That's a great tip for using flowers, thank you. I've not long had my Cricut and Gypsy and have already collected a few cartridges and I'll be popping back to see your creations again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea about the dollar store flowers. I have a few I have bought but they are very expensive so I usually end up cutting mine on the cricut or punching it out of paper. I like the idea of being able to get some that are not paper though! Thanks for sharing!
    Tara

    http://creativeprincess-homemadehappiness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great where our inspiration comes from huh!? I think the card turned out great and is a perfect example of fall and harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job, has a perfect hint of nostalgia. Thanks for joining us at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card, nicely put together. thanks for playing along at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card...like those sparkly pumpkins!

    Thanks for Jitterbuggin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wagon and pumpkins are very cute!! Thanks for playing along at FCCB:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Those colours are perfect and I love that bit of glitter!
    Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love those pumpkins in the wagon. so very fall like - and great tip on the dollor store flowers. will have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe you ironed your flower! lol...ok I think I'm gonna get Country Life soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colors!! I'm also loving the glitter on those pumpkins. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

My Highest Viewed Video

 Please come and support my YouTube channel and watch my highest viewed viewed video and subscribe! https://youtube.com/shorts/4gZ1h0N7sP8?f...