Saturday, October 30, 2010

#172 Cutting Fabric in the Cricut plus BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! (Long post)

***I love the 80's Blog Hop still going on HERE***

Happy Halloween everyone!! I am having a 3 day Halloween celebration it started with a Trunk or Treat yesterday and a Halloween Block Party today in my neighborhood and tommorow a festival and maybe more trick or treating, busy but still managed to MAKE my costume!! I am going to tell you all about it here and some GREAT NEWS!! I am going to be part of 2 Blog Hops so please mark your calendars because there will be lots of giveaways! Here's the buttons feel free to post them on your blogs and link back to my blog you won't want to miss out! The 1st one is "My Thanksgiving Blessings Blog Hop" on November 20-21 it's a  Saturday and Sunday for the Design Team that I am on called Inking it Up Crazy

And for the 2nd Blog Hop that I am part of I can happily say that it was all my idea yep little ol' me ha ha! I suggested to me sweet dear bloggy friend Janis that we should have a QUEEN Blog Hop with all of the Queens for the other Design Team I am on at Paper Playtime which is on December 11th Saturday which is going to be our "Stocking Stuffer Blog Hop" I am super excited because we are all going to be making inexpenive stocking stuffers or small handmade gifts. I have been brainstorming all about this I have soooooo many ideas!! I hop you all are able to make it and feel free to post it on your blog/facebook!

Okay so my other BIG ANNOUNCEMENT is: I Made my Lady Gaga Halloween costume up above at the beginning of this post with my Cricut Expression!! I will give you step by step instructions on how I did it, I still can't believe I actually did it I was so scared LOL!
My inspiration Was to be Lady Gaga, I think everyone knows who this is, for those of you who do not know who she is she is a Mega Super Famous Pop Star Musical Artist /entertainer/trendsetter ,etc.! Anyways I wanted to be her this year for Halloween I love Halloween and me and my honey dress up every year with our son Aidan.  Lady Gaga costumes were so popular and expensive after a lot of research on which costume I wanted to copy I saw this one I thought hey I could do that!

Step 1: Get a Yellow T-Shirt from Michael's cost me $3
Step 2: Get Pellon "Wonder Under"  Iron-on Transfer fabric/paper from Joann's cost $1.99 per yard I used my 40% off coupon, And buy your choice color fabric I chose Black Fabric.
Step 3:Iron! Place rough side of Wonder Under to black Fabric and iron.

Step 4: Cut Fabric in Cricut!!! Sorry no pic =(  Okay pay attention and take notes here it will save you time! Place the sheet that you just ironed see pic above it the one I just ironed, place that on your mat with the Wonder Under stuck to the mat and the fabric facing you, make sure your mat is sticky! Speed Medium, Pressure Max, Blade 6 and Cut it 3x! My fabric was Kind of thick and I tried cutting 3 different times I got the best results with these settings. I cut the Mickey image from Mickey and friends cricut Cartridge. Okay now you are going get your Mickey heads and off to the next step!


Step 5: Attaching Image to Shirt. You are going to peel off the Wonder Under  and place your image on your shirt and get a damp cloth. Place the damp cloth over your image and iron over the damp cloth and then you remove your cloth and you will see that your fabric is magically glued to your shirt!! This was my 1st time ever buying fabric in my life, I felt weird at Joann's buying it, like I was cheating on the scrapbook section LOL! Oh I also cut some parts of my shirt off the sleeves, and the neck area. Here is the final picture and if you would like to see the video that I watched over and over on how to make this check out My Pink Stamper. I watched it about 2 or 3 times, plus the instructions were on the Wonder Under Package it was really easy and I will do it again. UPDATE: After waering this costume for 7 hours last night the Mickey head started peeling off half way, I am thinking maybe I didnt iron long enough because it was heavy fabric. At least they didn't fall off and it held up for 7 hours. So my completed costume with shirt, fabric, wonder under, black lipstick, wig and glasses was only $20! That's great compared to $70 for the complete look at the costume stores. I hope I motivated and inspired you all to cut fabic in your Cricut and to not be scared like me LOL!Happy Halloween!! Love you guys!!

Be sure to check out the I love the 80's Blog Hop still going on now right HERE!! I am also entering my Halloween costume at Fantabulous Cricut for their challenge which is Halloween Ideas.

15 comments:

  1. Toooooo cute! TFS! :-)

    Love your blog, too, and became a follower! Looking forward to seeing what else you "cook up"!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look incredibly GaGa!!! Lovin' the Mickey's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all! First of all, I am in love with the idea of the stocking stuffer blog hop and can't wait! Secondly, that costume rocks! I made mine this year too and the total for it was only a couple dollars! I am going to wear it tonight so I will post pictures on my blog tomorrow if you wish to visit.

    http://creativeprincess-homemadehappiness.blogspot.com/

    Happy Halloween!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IT !!!! What a great idea ! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your shirt on the Fantabulous Challenge Blog and had to check it out! That is awesome! Just became a follower of your blog and looking forward to seeing more of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Gosh Sandra! You look awesome!!! I've heard of Lady Gaga but had never seen her before. Can't believe you made it! Us crafters can make anything!!! I'm excited about our blog hop and I'll have to visit the other one you are doing. Have a wonderful weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look AWESOME!!! Very GaGa! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very fantabulous indeed !!! So cute! thanks for joining us at the fccb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great costume! So creative and so Gaga!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!!! Sandra looks super lady gaga good!!!!! Love it great job!!!I will have to try a project with the Pellon. have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Creative and absolutely FABULOUS! Have fun

    Happy Scrappin'

    Sue B

    http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! My mind is racing with ideas now lol. Thanks for posting, its so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your Gaga inspired costume!! And, you used you Cricut to make it, too cool:) Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is soooo creative! Love your costume!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol! This is great! Way to make your costume your own.

    ReplyDelete

My Highest Viewed Video

 Please come and support my YouTube channel and watch my highest viewed viewed video and subscribe! https://youtube.com/shorts/4gZ1h0N7sP8?f...